Monday, March 26, 2012

in which: we work and we weed

I have been quite the busy bee these last two weeks. I've started my second job and although I am tired, I think I can hack it. I totally sympathize with students in college though when they speak of cherishing their sleep...  
"Move over Hunter..."
This morning was of one those delicious moments. Singing birds, soft pillow, the fan blowing a gentle breeze on my face, waking up slowly. *sigh* So far I haven't had a full day off yet but I have hope! I may start asking for Sundays off... or a raise. Either one will do.

Made a trip to Lowe's this morning (ohhh it was wonderful) and bought more seeds for my garden-to-be. Yellow Squash, Romaine Lettuce, Sweet Peas & Nasturtium flowers (which also have edible pods). I have Cherry Tomato seeds as well and recently picked up a couple of Strawberry plants. Also! I'm happy to announce the flower plant Peanut got for me this Valentine's Day still lives! I really did a poor job of caring for it once it was released to me - but yesterday, as I was finally going to throw it out, I found a blossom. A spunky magenta daisy, waiting to bloom. Of the three plants in the pot, two were dead. But one is better than none! It made me so happy for it was such a sweet gift. Multi-Colored Gerbera Daisies. Yay.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have a little time between work & bible study to plant a few things. Babe calls it farming. "Hey, wanna go farm?" 
I love him.

I am
Olli

No comments:

Post a Comment