Sunday, March 18, 2012

in which: every day...

I dream a little bit about living in a place like this.
Mountains, fields of flowers, log cabin, animals, a wonderful husband, curious children... and the air.
Oh that sweet & playful, cool, wide open AIR.
Just another fingerprint of my Papa.
Like his breath on my face.

It excites me to witness the road he is taking us on that will lead to our dreams. Such an adventure. Of course, I can be quite impatient at times. What a comfort though, it has been to realize that his love and grace are big enough to cover my imperfection. It's silly how we are constantly trying to cover up our humaness. Brokeness. When this was how he made us. The new book I started is called Beautiful Outlaw by John Eldredege. In it, he talks a lot about the intimacy Jesus desires (and always desired) with us. How we are his friends. His family. How praying unto him with names such as "Oh Holy Anointed One of Hosts", "God Almighty on High", and all that jazz - it only distances his image from our minds. You wouldn't walk up to your husband and be like, "Hello Gracious Leader of our Household" or to a friend and say, "Greetings Faithful Brethren whom I love". And not to take away from the truth in these statements, as the intention behind them is good, but... how weird would that be? If he is our father, why not call him Dad? Papa? Abba? FRIEND, even. For those waiting to meet their earthly bride & grooms, you could even go as far as calling him Sweetheart, My Love, Lovely. Admittedly, I'm not sure that I'm even ready to make that leap (into terms of endearment), but you get what I'm saying. My love was the one who told me about the book, but I suggest you look it up too. We could all learn a lot.

~

And my point in all this is, I trust the one I am with. I trust Matthew. I trust my friends. Of everyone I know, why would I not trust Papa the most? That he surely knows what he's doing by now. That he has lead thousands before me and will lead thousands after me. That all I have do is trust him with today.
In the words he spoke to my love on that car ride home one night,

"These times are precious too."



I am
Olli

No comments:

Post a Comment