Friday, May 4, 2012

in which: jess goes to jail...

Jess was picked up by Animal Control yesterday...
Apparently a neighbor called to report a dog "roaming at large". And she has been since our property has no fenced in yard (or a yard at all for that matter). I called the Humane Society this morning (they were closed by the time I found out yesterday), and apparently they were able to track down her original owner. Now it's basically a waiting game as he decides whether or not to take her back or sign her over to the HS. He took great care of her, kept up to date with all her shots & vet visits; in the end though he just didn't have the energy to keep up with her. So he gave her to family he knew. Since then they have let her get out a few times (never bothering to look for her), she's quite behind on vaccines and I personally suspect some physical abuse, as she runs away or cowers when large stick-like objects are lifted near her. 

An officer at the Humane Society told me that the "owner" doesn't want her to go back to the family he gave her to, but has to figure out if he can keep her, or has the energy for a dog anymore. They've put down my info in the case that he does sign her over. Now I just need to find a place to keep her... I'll definitely be charged with a citation if she continued to just hang around the yard. AND she'd be impounded again. 

Another thing they told me was that the original owner, as well as the other family, live about 30-40 minutes from our town. Good grief... how did she get here?? IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD?? It's so bizarre and Meemo is convinced that someone just dropped her off in a nice neighborhood, figuring someone wealthy would find her or something. Yep, that's us... rollin in the dough. HA! That might explain her car-related fears though... maybe.

The HS didn't hear from the man today but will be calling me tomorrow to give me an update on what he decides when they call him. In the mean time, I pray.
OH! 
And one more thing...

Her name is (or has been),
Mia.



I am
Olli


No comments:

Post a Comment