Saturday, May 5, 2012

in which: imma scrub me a tub

I keep putting off cleaning this afternoon... I really must clean my bathroom though. At least!

Things I would like to accomplish:
  • Clean bathroom
  • Vacuum upstairs - at least my room
  • Consider buying a waste basket from Lois... there is a lot of trash in my room
  • Shelving my books
  • Wash towels
  • Hang up clothes
  • Wash sheets
  • Make my bed
  • Wash Ohana & clean her out
  • Water my garden... what's left of it
  • Write Peanut
  • Take a shower
  • Do my nails... I might put this at the top of the list.
Recently, I have been helping my friend, Lois, go through all her belongings (particularly in the garage) as she prepares to move to a new place this Summer. This morning her neighborhood had a garage sale (or allowed for residents to hold garage sales, rather), so an early morning we had! It was fun though and we just chatted and chatted, drank our coffee, greeted neighbors and haggled over prices. She worked hard for such an aged beauty! 
I guess you are as young as you feel.
Me, our friend Ana & Lois
2010
The conversation was the best part for me. It always is. Lois has such a great sense of humor and freedom to me. Her husband, the late Dow Robinson, was an incredible man. He gave the most insightful and inspiring messages... I really miss him some days. He passed in late October. More on him & Lois' history later.

But after all the hullabaloo this morning, she told me, "Don't try and tackle all that cleaning at once. Clean your bathroom; then you've accomplished something. Then be done with it and let yourself REST!" 
She may be onto something...

Anyway, semi-falling asleep here.
I think my toilet's calling.

I am
Olli

No comments:

Post a Comment