Monday, August 20, 2012

in which: andrew would say...

Rereading and reflecting on Blue Like Jazz this morning. I don't think I will ever grow tired of the contents within this book... 

Earlier this week, we received 4 copies of the film on DVD & Blu-Ray at work; and I was sweeping up after we closed last night, a smile crept across my face as I looked up to find that all were checked out. 

Don talks about his friends Andrew the Protester and how he doesn't believe in empty passion; that what you DO signifies what you believe, not what you say. 
Jesus said to feed the poor. Andrew understands this as we should go and directly feed the poor ourselves. So every Sunday, Andrew sets up a make shift kitchen on a sidewalk and makes breakfast for the homeless. He sits and talks with them and if they want to pray, he prays with them. 
This is beautiful.

"Andrew would say that dying for something is easy because it is associated with glory. Living for something, Andrew would say, is the hard thing. Living for something extends beyond fashion, glory or recognition. We live for what we believe, Andrew would say."
-Blue Like Jazz


Father... could I know this kind of passion?


I am
Olli

No comments:

Post a Comment