Tuesday, February 28, 2012

in which: i house-sit a lot

A drawing of myself
by myself.

Been house/ pet/ teen-sitting for almost a week now for a family who gives me cooking lessons. Tomorrow I will switch to house/pet-sitting for another family who will be in China for about three weeks. Whooo!! I like feeling like I have my own place. These are the events of the week so far -

Thursday-Day 1: Work. Pizza for dinner. Ashley comes over and we make Alina a banner. Teen2 said he got the mail but I discover it all over the front lawn around 11:30pm. He left it on the porch.

Friday-Day 2: Teen2 sets off alarm at 6am. Woman knocks on door around 9am to hand me Chase Bank Statement she found in the road. Work.  Get home and find another bill in the yard. Teen1spends night at friend's house. Make awesome chicken dinner. Talk to Teen2 about mail.

Saturday-Day 3: Go to early work meeting. Come back and Teen2 has disappeared. I text/call him, start to worry (even though he's probably at a neighbor's house). He comes home as I leave for work. Boyfriend stays at house. Work. Church. Teen1 spends night at friend's house. Teen2 is late and later tries to ditch church for hanging with friends. Mrs. Hernandez has a talk with him. Teen2 spends night at friend's house. Drink beer and watch tv/movies with Hernandai.

Sunday-Day 4: Breakfast with Hernandai. Work. Come home and make quesadillas for dinner. Teen2 doesn't feel well, eats soup, gets out of doing laundry and is sent to bed. Watch the Oscars. Teen1 gets home from date and tells story of how stranger paid for their dinner.

Monday-Day 5: Teen2 still feels sick but goes to school. 2 hours later school nurse calls to tell me Teen2 is not feeling well, but that he is also a frequent visitor and this is his 20th visit this year... he is sent back to class. Teen1 has work. Teen2 gets home and makes hot dogs saying he feels much better. "Ate a lot of dry food today." Eats 2 ice cream cones. Forgot to ask him about homework...

Today-Day 6: Teen2 sets off house alarm at 6am. Teens leave for school. Fiddle around on computer. Prepare lunch/dinner. Get ready for work - parents get home tomorrow.

Tomorrow night I will just be watching a dog and the house he lives in.
Till then!

I am
Olli

No comments:

Post a Comment