Tuesday, November 1, 2011

in which: mountains move

photo by Ashley Wells


My love is changing his life for me today. Today marks day one of us living in the same city, the same state, near the same people. I can't explain what this feels like. It's a huge step for him (having lived in the same small town his whole life) and a tremendous statement to me. The last six months of getting to know each other have been amazing and beautiful, but now we'll be get to explore that beauty within an entire new realm. I like how that sounds... to explore. Like this relationship could be an underwater reef or forest canopy, full of heights, depths, bends and surprises.

And for once, someone's not demanding that I come to them. Someone understands that I need a home too. A man cares for me, more than himself or his own comfort. This love has been an extension of our Father's love for us, through each other. "Just the tres of us", as babe would put it.

Today, God is moving mountains.

I am
Olli

No comments:

Post a Comment