Monday, March 25, 2013

in which: i'm holding onto hope


Lately I have a craving to spend more time with God. I want to be near Him and to share him and to be the Light. I feel sad when I think of the way I spend my time and how lazy it really is. I work and work and work but... what am I working toward? I'm not saving much. But I don't want to be about money. I want to be about... more. 

more.

I want my family to know I care about them. I want to help My Love better. I want to be a better friend. I just want to be a better version of myself. Sometimes I feel exhausted and feel so stretched thin. And then a customer at work will come in and say,"Yes, I am tired too. I'm a full-time medical student and mother and I work." And I'll feel so guilty because I get tired over working 7 hours a day and cleaning a house in exchange for rent and... hanging out with my boyfriend? Do I even have the right to say I'm tired? I know I shouldn't compare myself. All our lives are different and God calls us to different things. 

God, today I need the hope that is You. 
That you do have a future and hope for me.
That You will see me through all the days of my life.
That not just some things, but ALL things are possible because You 
love us.

Amen.


I am
Olli

No comments:

Post a Comment