Saturday, November 2, 2013

in which: this is the art i live

It took me most of the day to decide what I wanted to write about as the art I live. The more I thought about it though, when I think of how God reveals himself in my day to day life, it's so obvious.

Sharing.

I love sharing myself with people. Especially women.


I love the build up of a great story.
Memories of the past are so vivid... it's like I'm standing in my childhood home again. Reliving the pain of this break-up or the laughter of that hilarious road trip. The skip in my spirit the day we met...


I love the instant bond a story can seal between those who share a similar experience.
For all the years I felt alone in situations with my family, ex-boyfriends, school... it was so astonishing for me to eventually discover how many people had lived, or were living the same things I did. It was like the more I shared, the more people began to come out of the woodwork in opening up about their own experiences.


Things I was once so ashamed of and didn't dare whisper... have turned out to be the things my friends have most benefited from hearing. I feel like God has set me on this mission of helping the world see,
you are not alone.


The need to share flows out of me like a songbird bursting with glorious song. 
May it never leave me.
And may the Father of Lights never cease to meet me where I am.
Where we are.


I am
Olli


*post inspired by Emily Freeman and her amazing work at Chatting At The Sky*


No comments:

Post a Comment