Saturday, October 13, 2012

in which: you deserve an update!


It's been raining a LOT here lately and I love it. Peanut loves it too; reminds him of home (the Alabama gulf). He's at men's conference this weekend, so we haven't much of the other. Also... James is in town! (Ashley's husband) as well as other friends from Mobile and the like. Instead of meeting at the Hernandez's for church this weekend, we're meeting at a hotel downtown where the conference is being held. That will be tomorrow morning (aka) another early morning... I definitely see a nap penciling itself into tomorrow's plans. 


Beth is doing so much better this week. It was diagnosed that her bowels, bladder & legs were the major things affected by paralysis. So far though, twice in the last week, 2 of those have been found to be HEALING and FUNCTIONING!! Her legs are still taking their time as they will need to, but I hear she getting fast in that wheelchair. It's such good news... God is so incredibly good. She has even made friends with several of the nurses and is affecting people all around her, where ever she goes.
So like Beth.
So like Father to turn a tragedy into an opportunity. A victory.
~
Feeling loads better myself. I got to the point where I thought I might have to go see a doctor again. 3 times in less than 6 months - a record for me! Amazingly though, God has blessed me by living with a nurse. When I told her I was thinking about going to see another doctor she said she had antibiotics that would help me. So we went into her room, sifted through different drawers until she pulled out a small bottle and SYRINGE. Ok, I may have freaked out a little (it has been YEARS since I've had any sort of vaccine). I squirmed around and flitted between her bedroom and the living room (where Peanut and the rest of the fam were), trying not to make my anxiety too apparent. I ended up consenting though, even after she told show a cheek (the injection had to be in the rear...) The last thing I yelled before it was "Please don't stab me!!
So she stabbed me. All quite painless and over-with within a few seconds. Started taking antibiotic pills everyday after that and took my last one today. 

Dori, Jamie, Me & Zion

LIFE IS GOOD.




I am 
Olli


No comments:

Post a Comment